Wednesday 20 October 2010

Winter Chills and Party Thrills

I have had a most marvellous twenty four hours.  It all began yesterday evening when we Key Largo Ladies played at a twenty fifth wedding anniversary in York.  It was actually a private party so the setting was the clients house.  But the house was large, beautiful and decorated with tealights, lanterns and an abundance of bunting.  Glorious! We were even offered a glass of champagne as we were setting up - a most unheard of gesture. Normally we stay in the 'water only' territory.  But why not indeed?  A few little sips can't hurt, can they?

The party was a great one.  Full of fun, energy, liveliness and the guests were incredibly appreciative of our music.  Nice to slightly 'kick back' from our classical stance and give a little bit more 'jazz' to the occasion.  A highlight of the evening was playing our arrangement of 'Nearness of You' as the still loved up couple smooched away looking for all the world like teenagers with a crush.  Ahhhh...

So what better this morning than to shake off a vaguely fuzzy head (late night and half a glass of champagne does this to me!) than a lovely hack in Hagg woods on my trusty steed.  (In reality he's more likely to be described as a stubborn, lazy, disobedient dobbin - but I'm being kind and also that doesn't have such a romantic ring to it, does it?)

It was such a beautiful cold, crisp morning and I was chilled to the bone upon my return home.  When I've finished my little blogging moment I'm going to jump up and make a hearty sweet potato and butter bean soup on the old aga.  (Actually, it will be less 'jumping' and more shuffling along like an octogenarian due to afore mentioned horse adventure!)

But when the soup's ready I'm gonna sit down, take a load off and relax before the kiddiewinks return from school.

Happy days...

No comments:

Post a Comment